BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER THAN YOURSELF
It is easy to join! By doing so, you become part of a fellowship of ladies committed to the health and welfare of children and their families worldwide. Along with our dedication to the care of children in need, we develop lifelong friendships with ladies across the globe.
SIMPLE MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Ladies who would like to join LOSNA will need to meet the following 3 criteria:
1. at least 18 years of age
2. resident for at least six (6) months in the area which membership is
3. have one of the following affiliations
a. Related to by birth, marriage or adoption to a Master Mason or a
Noble of Shriners International, in good standing. If relative is
deceased, he must have been in good standing at time of death; or
b. Be sponsored by two (2) members in good standing of the Ladies'
Oriental Shrine of North America.
We've got room for everyone to join. There is a need for your knowledge, talent and time. No matter what you can do, we have a way to turn it into meaningful contributions for our cause. One person CAN make a difference in the life of a family in need.
SO…YOU’RE INTERESTED? GREAT!
There’s a couple of quick steps you’ll need to take. Nothing too complicated and we will help you through every step!
- Complete an application (petition) for membership. You can get one from any member of our organization. If you don’t know anyone yet, that’s OK! Use the below “I WANT MORE INFO” button and send us an email. We’ll find you someone locally to help get you started.
- Your petition must be accompanied by the application fee required by the Court. Your local mentor will let you know how much this nominal fee is.
- Your completed petition is then presented at the next meeting of the Court.
- The High Priestess of the Court appoints an Interview Committee to meet with you to get to know you, provide you with information about the organization and answer any questions you may have. Don’t be worried – it’s not a job interview! Ask us about things like dues costs, what's expected of our members, or how you may be able to contribute. Anything you want to know.
- Your Interview Committee reports back at the next meeting of the Court.
- Petitioners who are found favorable are balloted upon by the membership of the Court and notified of date, time and location of your initiation ceremony.
Before you know it - you, too, will be a Lady of LOSNA, sharing in the fun an rewarding work! The process can take a little bit of time. Our meetings are held only once a month and we need a minimum of 2 meetings to complete the application process. We will do everything in our control to keep the process as speedy as possible. We can't wait to have you on our team!